
Novak Djokovic’s decision to remain unvaccinated against COVID-19 has once again become a major talking point after Elon Musk publicly backed the Serbian Tennis legend’s stance in a brief social media response.
The 24-time Grand Slam champion revisited the controversial period of his career in the documentary Novak Djokovic: The Wolf in Winter, which was released on Amazon Prime on August 20. Djokovic explained why he remained firm in his decision despite missing major tournaments and facing significant criticism.
Elon Musk Says Djokovic “Was Right”
Musk reacted to a post by Russell Brand discussing Djokovic’s position during the COVID-19 vaccination controversy. The billionaire responded with three words: “He was right.”
The comment represented a clear expression of support for Djokovic’s decision and reignited discussion surrounding one of the most controversial periods of the Serbian’s career.
Why Novak Djokovic Refused the COVID-19 Vaccine
In the documentary, Djokovic explained that his decision was based on his personal beliefs regarding medical choices and bodily autonomy. He argued that he was healthy, an athlete and had previously contracted COVID-19.
Djokovic also said that his principles regarding decisions about his own body were more important to him than winning additional titles or maintaining an uninterrupted Grand Slam schedule.
The Serbian’s position ultimately came with significant sporting consequences, including his absence from some major tournaments during the pandemic period.
Djokovic Paid A Major Sporting Price
Djokovic’s vaccine status contributed to his absence from major events, including the Australian Open and other tournaments where vaccination requirements were in place.
His situation became particularly prominent in Australia, where he was deported in 2022 after his visa was cancelled amid the controversy surrounding his vaccination status.
Despite those setbacks, Djokovic maintained his position and continued his professional career.
Djokovic Says He Has No Career Regrets
The documentary also explored Djokovic’s reflections on his extraordinary career. Despite the controversies and difficult moments he experienced, the Serbian said he does not regret the decisions he made throughout his career.
Djokovic acknowledged that not every decision he made was necessarily the best one, but he believes every experience contributed to shaping the person and athlete he became.
Novak Djokovic Turns Attention Toward US Open
Djokovic is now preparing for the US Open after his recent appearance at the Cincinnati Open. The Serbian suffered an early defeat to Thiago Agustin Tirante in the Round of 64.
With limited match preparation ahead of the final Grand Slam tournament of the season, Djokovic will now look to build momentum on the hard courts as he continues his pursuit of further Grand Slam success.
Elon Musk and Novak Djokovic Discussion Explained
The renewed discussion is less about a new decision from Djokovic and more about his explanation of a controversial choice from the COVID-19 era. Musk’s short response has nevertheless brought the subject back into the spotlight.
Djokovic’s comments in the documentary offer a fresh look at the personal reasoning behind his decision, while his upcoming US Open campaign provides an opportunity for the 24-time Grand Slam champion to shift attention back toward tennis.
FAQs
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest Sports on thefoxdaily.com.

COMMENTS 0